[Hidden-tech] Need referral for client: tech consultant/firm

Giannina Granata Silverman gsilverman at rocketranchdesign.com
Mon Nov 6 13:11:25 EST 2006

Hello all,

A client of mine has asked me to put my feelers out there to help them
find a potential tech support consultant/small firm.

Here are their requirements, as copied from their email to me. Please
read, and if you can refer me to excellent independent tech consultants
or firms, that would be great. Names, contact info, and website URL if
possible. This is a great client, and they deserve the best!

Please respond to me off list. Thanks!
*Tech Staff person Role:*

1.      Staff Support: ability to discuss organization needs with all
staff members to determine if there are tech solutions
2.      Researcher: ability to research tech solutions and propose the
optimal option to a lay staff
3.      Tech Support: ability to implement and maintain tech solutions
(hardware and software)
4.      Liaison: ability to work with outside tech contractors
(including phone and office security as well as website design firm)
5.    Customer Support: responsible for assisting clients who contact
the organization with website use problems.
(Most of biz is conducted through website, so this is very important)

Required Knowledge: Linux & Microsoft server systems, SQL programming,
HTML (addt'l to come)

Also: are there consultants who would provide us w/ 24 hour service if
emergencies occurred?  Our concerns are that the position isn't big
enough to justify a full time person, but a part timer or consultant
won't give us the on-call services we need.

--
Giannina Granata Silverman
Rocket Ranch Design + Advertising
gsilverman at rocketranchdesign.com