[Hidden-tech] Email for kids

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Thu May 18 10:41:12 EDT 2006

Thanks to Will and other HT folks for their responses. I will be following
these suggestions and using the Macintosh OS X parent controls.

I agree that the biggest "risk" is from web browsing. My wife and I have
done out best to supervise this activity. Besides playing games (and my son
spends a lot of time on eBay looking for rare Star Wars action figures), my
kids do a surprisingly large amount of research for homework. So far, I have
also relied on Google's SafeSearch filtering.

David

David Spound, M.Ed.

Valley Mindfulness
Meditation and Stress Reduction: Workshops, Classes and Coaching

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Upcoming classes:
* A Taste of Mindfulness, Tuesday, May 23, 6:00 pm
* Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, June 20 ­ August 8 (Tuesday evenings)