[Hidden-tech] introducing myself

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Wed Jun 14 21:08:08 EDT 2006

Hi Hidden Tech!

My name is Gary King. I've been lurking intermittently here for about
a year
and thought that it was about time I introduced myself. I have a
master's
degree in Mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania and another
one in
Computer Science from UMass. My recent focus has been in artificial
intelligence, planning, algorithmic analysis and the design and
development
of complex computer simulations.

I am a consultant living in Amherst and I am looking to expand my
network of
contacts so that I can find steadier work. There are three ways that
I am
hoping people on Hidden Tech can help:

1. Suggestions on the better contract agencies & staff augmentation
firms in
the area. Which are the good firms? What do different agencies
specialize
in? are there people who have been proved particularly good at
finding great
match-ups?

2. Are there any current jobs out there for which my skills and talents
would be a good match. I am an excellent problem solver, debugger,
learner
of new things and handler of complexity. My forte and love is Common
Lisp
programming but I can hack the web, deal with databases, understand
Unix,
like Linux and even ponder Perl if the need arises.

3. Finally, the internet has spawned an inordinate number of
specialized and
general job boards. I would love to get recommendations on which ones
have
worked for people best and which ones seem best targeted at someone
like me.

If anyone is curious, my CV can found at http://www.metabang.com/
cv.html.

Thanks so much,