[Hidden-tech] Job opportunity - fundraising

Sheldon Snodgrass sheldon at steadysales.com
Mon Jun 5 16:57:24 EDT 2006

Hi all,

	Those who braved the torrential rain yesterday were treated to a wonderful
event developed by art maestro Peter Bergman, our Berkshire co-coordinator.
 From Arrowhead (Herman Melville's House) to the gilded age exhibit in the
barn on the grounds, to the extraordinary Colonial Theatre and a lovely tea
provided by Becky Smith, owner of the Thaddeus Clapp House on Wendell
Avenue, it was one gem of a treat after another. Pittsfield is hardly the
grimy industrial city of yore.
	But there was another wonderful element to yesterday's program -- those in
attendance had a rare chance to network with Hidden-Techies in the
Berkshires and with three executives from three arts institutions --
Arrowhead, the Colonial and Barrington Stage. We held a short focus group
at the inn during tea and it was obvious that the execs present were
fascinated with the multitude of skills present in the room. They were
eager to learn more about us and I suspect those who pursued the connection
may find they can earn some projects down the line.
	So, it was  perfect match between a day filled with fun and learning and a
chance to build out our business presence. As many, many of you expressed
interest in this sort of program we will consider doing something in the
fall on a weekend. Another option is to tour the special effects companies
located at Mass MOCA and take in MOCA, as well. Please let the list know
your interest in this sort of programming and any ideas you may have to
future Berkshire excursions. And anyone who wants contact information for
these art execs you can write to me at az at a-zinternational.com.
	And take a bow, Peter! As usual, you outdid yourself. Much thanks to
Becky, as well, for her hospitality.

	best,

	Amy Zuckerman
	Hidden-Tech Founder, Co-Chair