[Hidden-tech] Question re: steps to clean off Mac hard drive

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Mon Jul 31 11:13:22 EDT 2006

Jeanne,

Apple's Disk Utility program can erase your old G3 hard disk drive securely
by overwriting all the data on the disk. You will need to start up the G3
using a Mac OS X install CD (one of the disks that came with your Mac Mini
should work). I believe you choose Disk Utility from the Apple menu after
the start up. If the procedure is not clear, you can call me.

I don't recall if the OS 9 software disks offer a similar capability.

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.

Valley Mindfulness
Meditation and Stress Reduction: Workshops, Classes and Individual Coaching

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

Upcoming public courses:
A Taste of Mindfulness:
An Introduction to Mindfulness Practices for Health and Well-Being
  * Monday, August 14, 6:00 ­ 8:00 pm
  * Saturday, September 9, 10:30 am ­ 12:30 pm
  * Sunday, September 17, 1:00 ­ 3:00 pm
  * Tuesday, October 10, 6:00 ­ 8:00 pm

Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
  * 8-week course: October 24­December 12 (Tuesday evenings)
  * Based on work of Jon Kabat-Zinn and colleagues at UMass Medical School