[Hidden-tech] Question re: finances

Jeff Rutherford jeff at trylonsmr.com
Wed Jul 12 07:43:01 EDT 2006

Here's a question for everyone.

Since I absolutely hate having to keep track of quarterly estimated
taxes (several times I've had to scramble and come up with large sums to
cover taxes), I'm wondering if a service exists to deal with this.

Ideally, what I would like to do is have a service similar to
Administaff or Paychex where every time I received a contractor payment
from a client (with no taxes deducted of course), that I could send the
gross amount to the service and they would deduct the appropriate
amounts of taxes, FICA, etc., and take care of those payments so that I
don't have to keep track of those amounts.

I don't know if something like this exists. Of course, I could hire a
bookkeeper, but I'd rather have a service that automatically deducts
those taxes from the various payments I received, and keep track of
those taxes for me.

It's my understanding that the two services I mentioned above are set up
to handle a regular salary situation vs. a fluctuating contractor income
that is not the same every month.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff