[Hidden-tech] Junk Faxes

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Tue Jan 31 12:22:28 EST 2006

[Hidden-tech] Junk FaxesWow, that's some FAX traffic. How did you come to that value? Certainly not the cost of paper and ink/toner/carbon...that would probably be more than 1,000 pages.

Whatever the situation, I think it's only a Federal law; is there also a law that applies within the state? How do these folks get away with it? Untraceable number? Offshore? I say go get 'em, if you can find 'em.

By the way, there's an alternative to a lawyer. I've disconnected my FAX line, and only hook the FAX to my telephone when I need to send something, or when I'm expecting a FAX. It's a little inconvenient, but it beats the frustration of all those junk FAXes. eFax could also work for both sender and recipient. That way, you only need to delete the incoming electronic FAX, before printing it.

Ed