[Hidden-tech] Something new

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 20:15:45 EST 2006

Dear fellow Hidden Tech members,

This letter announces a major shift in my professional life and describes a
program that I hope will be of interest to some of you.

During the past several years, I have been working toward a Master¹s Degree
in Education (recently completed) and have been participating in the
Professional Training Program at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine,
Health Care and Society at UMass Medical School.

On Sunday, January 29, I will be offering a workshop in Northampton that I
developed as a result of my studies. It is a 3.5 hour program called ³A
Taste of Mindfulness²; it's inspired by the ³Mindfulness-Based Stress
Reduction² program that Jon Kabat-Zinn developed at UMass Medical School. I
invite you to view a full description of the workshop and download a flyer:
http://www.spound.com/mindfulness/

The workshop will take place at a lovely new yoga studio in Florence (no
stairs, easy parking). If you know someone who is struggling with stressful
circumstances or just wants to explore some creative options for living a
balanced and healthy life, please forward this message to them. Registration
information is available via the link above.

If you would like to read about mindfulness, here is a link to a recent
article in Newsweek Magazine:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6038976/site/newsweek/print/1/displaymode/1098/

At the same time, I am launching (actually re-launching) a second venture:
my Macintosh consulting, training and support business. Some of you know me
as a web site developer. However, for much of the past 20 years I have
enjoyed working with people to help them use Macintosh computers skillfully
and creatively. I posted a flyer that describes the services I am offering:
http://www.spound.com/macintosh/valley_mac.pdf

I know that my flyers and web pages are not well-developed yet. I hope they
will be adequate for now, while I focus on the work. In the meantime, I
welcome any phone calls or email messages with questions about what I have
to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. I look forward to being
with you at future Hidden Tech meetings.

David

David Spound, M.Ed.
david at spound.com
413-219-0654 (work/cell)