[Hidden-tech] ACT! 4 to what?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Wed Jan 18 14:06:29 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:03:12PM -0500, Jonathan Dill wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with upgrading from a really old
> version of ACT to something more current?

We are in the process of converting a customer from ACT 6 to SugarCRM.
The contact export worked just fine, but the history of notes and
activities is doable, but a bit tricker.

Like other proprietary software products, they use a proprietary file
format in an attempt to create vendor lock-in.  You have to buy a 3rd
party product to export the history.