[Hidden-tech] Thanks!

Alan Hurwitz ahalink at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 07:39:53 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,
Thanks so much to those of you that responded to my distress call. Many
ideas were useful, and the support felt great.

We have gotten things set up pretty much. We found a good local guy
here to help - a friend of a friend, Isn't that always the way? The
problem turned out to be a number of smaller issues - mainly with
aspects of the configurations of various pieces of equipment.
Ultimately, at our savior's suggestion, we ended up using a Linskys'
wireless router, instead of the Airport Extreme that we were using
successfully in Amherst - mainly because this person was more familiar
with its foibles. It seems to work fine.

So we now have it all working together: the cable modem, the Vonage
phone system (a good deal we believe), and the wireless router with its
Mac and PC dependencies. And the world looks a whole lot different. I'm
heading for El Salvador in a little while, to see if I can get three
organizations working as well together as our humble equipment.
Probably also some small problems with configurations and compatibility
we'll see.

Thanks again for being there.

Saludos,
Alan