[Hidden-tech] Help, Class not registered -- BUT WHY

Roger Kazakiewich rogerk at marketstreetresearch.com
Fri Feb 24 11:19:42 EST 2006

Ok I did a quick little program to send out reminder cards for doctor
appointments. I used VB6 and a Access 2002 DB (using DAO 3.6)  to pull in
and process a text file and then call Word 2002 to excruciate a merge.

I used the “Package and Deployment Wizard” in VB6 (Service Pack 6)  to
create the install program, but when the program was installed on the
target system it came up with this run time error

         Run time error ‘713’
         Class not registered
         Looking for object with CLSID {00000 ya da ya da ya da

}

The target system is running XP and Office 2002 but with out Access.

My research seems to point to the DAO and thus JET but when I checked,the
target system has the most up to date versions of JET installed.

I am perplex because I would think that the Deployment Wizard would include
any drivers, dlls etc that the program would need.

And I believe I have included all the reference needed! DAO  Word Object
lib, VB for apps, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roger Kazakiewich
C.I.O. Market Street Research