[Hidden-tech] Save Web page as Excel?

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Fri Feb 17 16:48:58 EST 2006

Combing a few suggestions - you might want check out the 'web query'
feature of Excel,

It is basically a direct import of a URL - you would need to make a page
that produced csv from the xml,
and then experiment with how best to use the feature, I've not used it
for a few years - I know it can read html and strip
some of the formating out - it might even read XML directly now.

Rich R.

Jean Graef wrote:

> We have a Web application that displays dynamic data from a database.
> I would like to have an "Export to XML"  button or link on pages that
> list database data in table rows and columns. The Web pages are in XML
> format (i.e. sample_page.xsl).
>
> What's the easiest way to get my "export to Excel" function to work in
> Internet Explorer or Safari?
>
> Regards,
> Jean
> Jean Graef
> The Montague Institute
> www.montague.com <http://www.montague.com>

Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/