[Hidden-tech] Retainer Fees?

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Fri Feb 3 13:51:51 EST 2006

Personally I find retainer clients are the best of the bunch, since I
use a retainer arrangement
with the long term clients with various projects that are ongoing --
they get a volume, reduced rate
(maybe 10% - it varies) and we get the agreed retainer the first of the
month.

The retainer is a guaranteed minimum for our extra attention to their
projects and our assured
availability -- we then bill for agreed projects above and beyond the
retainer.  This is especially
appropriate where you do some steady repeating work each month.  We
determine the retainer
based on a multi-month average on the repeating work and the overall
billings.

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - http://www.on-the-net.com/rr/