[Hidden-tech] Junk Faxes

Peter Hutchins - Litmus Designs peter at litmusdesigns.com
Wed Feb 1 12:03:08 EST 2006

I use a fax switch from Radio Shack which detects incoming faxes and
then routes the calls to the fax machine or phone for voice. If you set
it to ignore incoming faxes, you wouldn't hear the incoming ring and
the fax wouldn't be picked up, voice calls however would be routed to
your phone as usual.

-pH

On Jan 31, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Jonathan Dill wrote:

> Perhaps there is a way to block incoming fax calls?  With a modem, you
> can set it to just ignore incoming calls, but fax machines might not
> have that feature.  Perhaps there is some kind of electronic switch
> that normally leaves the phone line disconnected, but detects when the
> fax machine "picks up the phone" to make an outgoing call and then
> connects the phone line.

Peter Hutchins - Litmus Designs
10 Dewey Ct, Northampton, MA 01060
413.582.7038
www.litmusdesigns.com

web design, custom programming & graphic design