[Hidden-tech] Junk Faxes

B. Kimo Lee bklee at azurelink.com
Wed Feb 1 08:36:09 EST 2006

Hi,

I too, have a local 413 number through efax.com. Haven't had any
problem with junk faxes. I also send faxes through their system,
which saves me lots of time because I can just queue them up and go
on to other tasks. Like Will, I still have a fax machine in case I
have to send something that's not already digitized, i.e., a hand
drawn sketch or note.
I wonder if those experiencing junk fax problems have the word "fax"
next to their fax phone number on their web sites? Seems like a phone
number associated with the word fax on a web site would be good to
harvest. I use a graphic of a small fax machine instead. Can't
substantiate that since I've never had a problem, but that could be
the reason.

Best,
Kimo

On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Rikk Desgres wrote:

>    ** Be a Good Dobee and help the group, you must be counted to
> post .
>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>

> Will,
>
> I have an efax number. The problem is that the fax machine is ONLY
> used for outgoing faxes. It’s actually hitched to my home phone. So
> at 3AM my family is awaken by these sleezebags faxing me.
>
> Rikk
>
> on 1/31/06 12:57 PM, Will Loving at will at lovingcomputing.com wrote:
>
>> Check out junkfax.org for lots of info on what other people are
>> doing. Also do what I did which is get a new fax number (for
>> incoming) from Faxaway.com. It cheap, reliable – you get your
>> faxes as emailed tiff files – and I’ve not had one junk fax in
>> over 8 months of using it.
>>
>> Will
>>
>> Will Loving, President
>> Dedication Technologies, Inc.
>>

>> on 1/31/06 10:05 AM, Rikk Desgres at all at pinehurstpictures.com wrote:
>>
>>>   ** Be a Good Dobee and help the group, you must be counted to
>>> post .
>>>    ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>>>

>>> I’m sick of getting junk faxes. It is illegal to send a fax to
>>> someone who you have no business relationship. A fine of $500 for
>>> every fax with the possibility of triple damages up to $1500 can
>>> be levied against the faxer.
>>>
>>> Is there anybody (attorney?) that has had experience in
>>> collecting from these junk faxers? I have between $3500-$10,500
>>> worth of junk faxes sitting on my desk. Any attorney out there
>>> want to get these people?
>>>
>>> Rikk

------
Joomla Site Content Management Systems Experts

AZURELINK -- Simply Connected!
58 Cottage St, Suite 1
Amherst, MA 01002-2125
(413) 549-2020