[Hidden-tech] Looking for GOOD pdf-to-text converter = PDFTextStream

Chas Emerick cemerick at snowtide.com
Fri Dec 22 17:56:59 EST 2006

Indeed, PDF content extraction is one of our specialties.  That's
what PDFTextStream does (as Michael rightly pointed out), and people
often come to us when they've strained the abilities of free or cheap
tools past the breaking point.

In addition to the downloads we offer, you can get a *glimpse* of
PDFTextStream's functionality at the online demo site, which requires
no downloads thanks to its AJAX-y browser-based interface:

http://pdftextonline.com

PDFTextStream is available for Java, .NET, or Python, so I'm sure
that either you could find someone to script what you need done, or
we can put something together for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Chas Emerick