[Hidden-tech] seeking assist on pre-teen issues

Terrence Masson terrence.masson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 11:50:03 EST 2006

On 12/21/06, A - Z International <az at a-zinternational.com> wrote:

Hi all,

As I noted in the Gazette article about my leaving the Hidden-Tech
board, I am working hard to devote more time to my daughter, Julia.
She's at a very difficult age where peer pressure takes the place of
reason, I'm afraid.

If there are others in the Hidden-Tech Network who would like to
create a very informal support group for parents of pre-teeners
please respond to the list or reach me directly at
az at a-zinternational.com. I'm thinking a monthly discussion group at
lunch or in the evening to share ideas and offer support.

It's frightening to learn how kids can hurt each other today thanks
to advanced technology. I know one mother in the area who took her
child off of instant messaging because the kid was being hounded and
humiliated. And we thought we had it tough!

Hope all of you are looking forward to a great holiday season. Lew is
doing better so thanks for those who responded about his being in the
hospital for two surgeries in 10 days. It's been rough on him and on
me given the time spent in emergency wards, admitting, etc . . . But
I can tell you that Mercy Medical Center is great.

Happy Holidays!

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech Founder

Amy,
My x-wife and I have a 14 year old and a 12 year old daughter, they live
with her and I see them every other weekend, they are amazing girls, but
give her a bit of a hard time once and a while .. so she just finished
reading a book called "Get out of my life: But first could you drive me and
Cheryl to the mall?" by Anthony Wolf,Ph.D. .. (funny title huh? Ha!) .. she
said it was an easy read and very helpful .. they too both are
both "obsessed" about IM ..

Hope that helps you!

--
----