[Hidden-tech] Remote tutoring

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Thu Dec 21 14:28:24 EST 2006

Hi George,

You have several options. There is the built-in VNC capability of Mac OS X
Tiger (with some free software -- ³chicken of the vnc²). Timbuktu has been
around for years and works with Mac and Windows computers. I have done lots
of training and support with Timbuktu. I have used it to see and control a
remote computer and I have allowed others to see and control mine (with
care).

The messages regarding ³Web based presentation² during the past few days
offer other options. For example, the Adobe Acrobat Connect platform will
allow someone to see my screen.

By the way, the upcoming version of Mac OS X ­ Leopard ­ includes screen
sharing capabilities build right into iChat.

David

++++++++++

David Spound, M.Ed.

Valley Mindfulness
Programs for Stress Reduction, Health and Well-Being

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com
http://www.valleymindfulness.com

A Taste of Mindfulness:
* Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 6:00­8:00 pm

Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
* January 23­March 13, 2007 (Tuesday evenings)