[Hidden-tech] MiniDVD to FLV?

James Triplett jm-hiddentech at vj8.net
Tue Dec 19 17:03:52 EST 2006

> Does anyone have a recommendation for where to get movies on MiniDVD
> converted to Flash FLV format?
>
> I don't have a MiniDV recorder/player and do not want to do the
> transfer myself.

Unless I'm mistaken, "mini-DVD" is just a small-diameter DVD, readable
on any DVD player.

So the question is how to decrypt and rip a DVD to Flash.  The first step
can be done by any number of "ripper" softwares; my
favorite is AcidRip on Linux.  (automagically set up by get-automatix on Ubuntu ;-)

Once you have an AVI file, I believe Macromedia Flash can import the
content and write it out as an FLV.

Good Luck
James