[Hidden-tech] How Hidden-Tech Breeds Success

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Fri Apr 28 09:47:40 EDT 2006

Hi all,

	As the steering committee has moved into an active fund-raising mode we've
received lots of success stories that tell of how Hidden-Tech is helping
people like Shel Horowitz (shel at frugalfun.com), a well-known marketer,
build their businesses. Shel wrote in recently saying:

For me, Hidden-Tech has been not only a place to go for (and contribute)
advice on a wide range of subjects, but also a place where I've made some
real friends. For those of us working quietly in our own homes, human
contact with others in that situation can be a big plus. Interestingly,
Sheldon Snodgrass is one who has become a friend, and he and I have met
several times to talk shop in our overlapping worlds of sales (Sheldon) and
marketing (me).

	Then yesterday I heard form Jill Connolly (jillvox at jillconnolly.com) about
how Hidden-Tech had helped her connect with two other artistic types --
she's a well-known voiceover expert -- and they are developing a "creative
cluster" in Greenfield; a literal office space where people can rent and
work together. This has been a dream of Jill's for a long time and by
meeting like-minded company owners through Hidden-Tech, it's now happening.
Without this approach, which was recently featured on the front page of the
Greenfield Recorder, we might have lost Jill to the Boston market.

	These are just two of many, many ways that Hidden-Tech has helped all of
you grow your business and thrive since our beginnings four years ago. The
discussion list is the only electronic network that links you with people
throughout this region -- both entrepreneurs and institutions -- and then
beyond. Our programming is the only offered throughout western
Massachusetts geared specifically to the needs of those who work virtually.

	But right now we're running on fumes. I've estimated that I've donated in
the hundreds of thousands of dollars of my work time to create and keep
Hidden-Tech going, and the same for all the steering committee members. All
of our technology and design work has been donated. Our "payment" has been
in the huge satisfaction of seeing this organization blossom, but that
can't last. Burn out is inevitable. The only way to sustain Hidden-Tech is
to create some income. For that we need your help.

	One way you can help is to sign up for Sheldon Snodgrass' fabulous May 16
sales seminar (see www.hidden-tech.net under EVENTS) for details. There are
still seats, but they are disappearing fast. Or you can just turn to our
support button on the Web site. There's a PayPal account set up there. All
fees we collect can be deducted as business expenses.

	Please help Hidden-Tech continue to help you grow your business.

	Amy Zuckerman
	Hidden-Tech Founder, Co-chair