[Hidden-tech] info on XML editors

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Wed Apr 26 12:08:53 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I don't know if this is of specific interest to anyone here, but I am
passing it along FYI--a little feedback will give me some idea if people
would be interested in related topics e.g. I am frankly obsessed with
Document Management Systems (DMS) and have begun compiling some
information on that topic as well.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocBookEditors

I was concentrating specifically on DocBook XML, but many of these
programs work just as well with other XML DTDs and even XSLT, at least
one also works with LaTeX.  There are several very good free options
(Jedit is my current favorite folowed by SciTE) and I have listed some
commercial options as well.  Some of these programs are also capable
IDEs for C++, Python, Java, and other programming languages.

Jonathan