[Hidden-tech] Flash Will Be Disabled in IE Soon

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Tue Apr 25 17:34:04 EDT 2006

So, what date is it?  The first article mentions a 3/28 "conference
call" and a 4/11 IE update and a "60-day extension" but I don't see a
definite date as to when this takes effect, or if it has taken effect
already.  I see articles going back to 2004 on this issue, not finding
what is the latest word on the status.

Ben Liyanage wrote:
> All activeX components, such as flash, need to be included via javascript.
> Details are below.

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/activ
> ating_activex.asp
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=7c29e252
>
> If any of you know Bill Gates, please kick him for me the next time you see
> him.

Jonathan