[Hidden-tech] ways to retrieve replaced files?

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Tue Apr 25 09:02:44 EDT 2006

>   ** Be a Good Dobee and help the group, you must be counted to post .
>   ** Fill out the survey/skills inventory in the member's area.
>

>Hi all,
>
>My daughter hit "replace" by accident and obliterated her first
>novella. It was about 80 pages double-spaced.
>
>I took it to ACI in Amherst and they couldn't locate it with a scan
>even though we had backed this up every five minutes or more within
>an hour during an editing session.
>
>Does anyone know if there are services that can take content off of
>a hard drive?
>
>If so, do you know the cost?
>
>Will the procedure destroy the hard drive?
>
>thanks!
>
>Amy Zuckerman
>Hidden-Tech Founder, Co-Chair

Amy,

I googled this search string from you: "data recovery service"
amherst OR northampton OR springfield. Not all are local but several
are.

PS--when I write a book, I print out each chapter as it's done, and
print out the whle MS at various stages. Then OCR recovery is a
possibility.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&as_qdr=all&q=+%22data+recovery+service%22+amherst+OR+northampton+OR+springfield>

Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/