[Hidden-tech] thanks to David Spound for a wonderful program

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Tue Apr 11 19:28:27 EDT 2006

Thank you, Amy, for your interest and support. I really enjoyed the session
last night.

I look forward to hearing about any interest in a mindfulness-based stress
reduction program for Hidden Tech folks. There are many ways it could
unfold, so if you are interested (even if you are uncertain), please let Amy
know what might work for you.

I neglected to ask the attendees last night if they wanted to be on my
mailing list. If you did attend and would like to receive periodic email
announcements (1-2 times per month) about workshops and other services,
please visit my web site and utilize the form on the home page. Some of you
brought friends to the session. If so, please pass this message along to
them.
http://www.valleymindfulness.com/

Of course there is no requirement to wait until we put together a program
for Hidden Tech. I am offering an introductory class, "A Taste of
Mindfulness", on Sunday, April 30 in Northampton. I will be offering the
complete Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program in June and July. Also,
I offer one-on-one coaching sessions for meditation and stress reduction.
Finally, for those of you in organizations, I am available to bring
meditation and stress-reduction programs to your workplace. Again, please
visit my web site for more information and registration.

The following articles from the Boston Globe and the Minneapolis/St. Paul
Star Tribune offer more information about meditation-based stress reduction
programs in the workplace:
* http://tinyurl.com/hhnx3
* http://www.startribune.com/168/story/193929.html

Last night, someone asked a question about how mindfulness meditation
affects the aging process in the brain. Here is a recent article from Time
Magazine that addresses an aspect of that issue:
http://psyphz.psych.wisc.edu/web/News/Time_Jan06.html

Please let me know how I can be of service.

David

David Spound, M.Ed.

Valley Mindfulness
Meditation and Stress Reduction: Workshops, Classes and Coaching

(413) 219-0654
david at valleymindfulness.com