[Hidden-tech] Transporting large files

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Sat Apr 1 18:18:22 EST 2006

At 10:31 AM -0500 4/1/06, Edbride-PR wrote:
>I have successfully used an FTP service called YouSendIt (apply the
>usual www and .com), which claims the ability to FTP files up
>to 1Gigibyte. I've never tested that limit, but have transferred
>files around 60Mb.
>
>There are doubtless several other options, but with YouSendIt, you
>don't have any software on your own system, nor is there any cost.
>So, there's nothing to setup on your Mac. All you need is the
>high-speed connection and an email system that won't time-out if
>you're sending a file that might take a half-hour to upload.

I tried a couple of times to send 1-hour audio files (~600MB) via
YouSendIt without success, over cable using Mac OS X 10.2.8. However,
it's been great for stuf in the 50MB range.
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/