[Hidden-tech] Multifunction inkjet printers

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Fri Sep 23 10:26:14 EDT 2005

I am looking for a recommendation for an ³all-in-one² color inkjet
printer/scanner/copier. I am considering the HP Officejet 5610 or 6210 as
well as the Epson Stylus CX6600. Does anyone have any experience with these
or similar units?

My criteria:
 * Macintosh (OS X) compatible
 * Under $200
 * Good text quality and print speed for text documents
 * Good photo printing (but the unit does not need to have a
   color LCD, card slots and other features that enable printing
   without a computer)
 * Good scanning and photocopying
 * Reasonably efficient with consumables (ink cartridges)
 * Fax capability is not necessary

One concern is how cheap (flimsy) many of the printers seem to be these
days.

By the way, I have several unused ink cartridges (black and tri-color) from
my old HP Deskjet 990 (which just broke). These cartridges (#45 Black and
#78 color) are compatible with many older HP printers. If they would be of
use to you, I¹ll gladly resell them at a discount.

Thank you for any recommendations.

David

David A. Spound
david at spound.com
(413) 219-0654

Web site development and management
Strategic technical consulting and project management
Macintosh computer installation, training & support