[Hidden-tech] professional video camera op / lighting

Tom at Reelife Productions adams001 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 22:59:32 EDT 2005

Hello,

hope all is well.

So, I'm back at it again, ...editing my Phish interview/documentary
(called "all my plastic melon dreams") that I've been working on (off
and on) for over ten years...(I'm making a proper trailer to catch the
"right people's" eyes)

I've worked out what I want for the intro title sequence.  Here's a
description of what I'm looking for:

video footage of a retro 50's style bowl of PLASTIC FRUIT
medium shot of the bowl sitting in the middle of retro table cloth (but
everything else around it is bathed in nothing but black)
maybe slight, subtle spot light effect
dolly shot or steadycam, floating move in and circle around the fruit
bowl from many different angles...

end result: surreal fluid-dreamlike intro to one of the coolest
rock-docs ever known to man. (um, hopefully)

So, my question to you is:

could you or anyone you know LOCATE the right fruitbowl AND SHOOT the
footage mentioned above... and shoot it very, very well, with proper
lighting and every attempt to make it look as "unlike" video as
possible... softlights, filters, etc,

must shoot with at least a three chip minidv or DVCPro (Not Beta)
camera.  Will pay what it's worth to get the job done 100% Pro.

Ok, spread the word.  Thanks, a lot fellow Hidden-Techies

Regards,

Tom Adams

Director/Owner
Reelife Documentary Productions
"cool digital video stuff...not boring or dumb"
413.575.9707
info at reelifeproductions.com www.reelifeproductions.com
Williamsburg, MA, USA