[Hidden-tech] advice on contracting

Bethany Seeger bethany at seeger.ws
Thu Sep 22 12:36:10 EDT 2005

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could offer advice on how to become an
independent contractor. I've recently become a 1099 employee, for a
company where I used to be a W-2 employee.  I realize the tax
implications, I'm just not sure what I should be doing right now tax
wise. I'm also not sure if I need a business license or some form of
insurance.  I'm also thinking of taking on a contract for a different
company and wondering what I should have in place before I do that.

Any suggestions or experiences to share?

Thanks!
Bethany