[Hidden-tech] Update on Databases-Metadata SIG

jean.graef jean.graef at montague.com
Fri Sep 2 08:38:38 EDT 2005

The Database-Metadata SIG met for the first time in July. Ten to fifteen
people attended. I gave a presentation on the Montague Institute's work with
large corporate clients in teaching how to create and integrate metadata
across multiple applications. My presentation is available at
http://www.montague.com/PPT/hidden-tech.ppt in case you missed the meeting.

There seems to be enough interest in scheduling additional sessions, maybe
every quarter. Fazzi Associates has indicated a willingness to host the
SIG'S quarterly meetings, since there is some overlap with the topics of
interest to the .NET SAPs group. However, the Database-Metadata SIG will be
platform-neutral, while the .NET SAPs group is focused on Microsoft
technologies.

The next meeting of the Database-Metadata SIG will be held in January. A
Hidden-Tech member has volunteered to give an introductory presentation on
XML and related technologies. I am particularly interested in tools and
techniques for creating XML documents as well as examples of how XML works
as a method of data transfer between applications.

If you have other XML issues you'd like to cover at the January meeting or
ideas for future meetings, please let me know.

Regards,
Jean
Jean Graef
The Montague Institute