[Hidden-tech] Dun & Bradstreet Profiles

Randolph Ames randya at ameselectrical.com
Thu Sep 15 16:39:37 EDT 2005

Will Loving wrote -"Does anyone have any experience with D&B or know whether
what there services and "profiles" are of any use?"

I have belonged to D&B for a few years now. There was a trial period
available thru Quickbooks that I took advantage of at the time. They have a
small business division which I think is quite reasonable. If you go to
http://smallbusiness.dnb.com , check out their "subscriptions", and you can
view what they offer and the applicable costs. Sadly, a few years ago a to
of their online features were free. But that was then.

Basically, I run the cheapest plan, $20/month. From a small business
perspective, it gives me a excellent information on a new customer's credit
rating. I can also monitor, manage and update my D&B credit file, including
email alerts when my D&B file changes, including other companies that I
monitor in my "portfolio".

This may sound like a sales plug for them but I've found them to be a good
low cost solution to the problems of whether to give credit to a new (or
existing) customer or not. In the end, a "warm fuzzy" that you will be paid
and on time is worth $20/month to me.

On a similar topic; I think that you were just "singled" out by a D&B sales
guy. I have been inundated with solicitous sales calls from everybody under
the sun lately. It seems to be that time of year for these types of calls.

Regards;

Randy Ames

Randolph J. Ames
Owner