[Hidden-tech] Basic data entry and analysis recommendations?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Mon Nov 21 12:11:58 EST 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:52:23PM -0400, Roger Kazakiewich wrote:

> My company is developing a manual for communities who want to conduct
> research to guide their after school program planning. We would like to
> provide communities with information about free or low-cost software they
> can use to do basic data entry and analysis. Does anyone have any
> recommendations?

I (finally!) downloaded OpenOffice 2.0 and it includes a database front
end.

A quick run through worked without issue (create table + form, enter a
record), and revealed the following features:

    - create table wizard

    - create form wizard

    - support for a wide range of backends (MySql, JDBC, flat text, etc)

    - Windows, Linux, OSX support

    - Free Software