[Hidden-tech] Network wiring

Tom Kopec t_e_k at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 08:50:17 EST 2005

Wired is always better than wireless, if you have the wires..

If all you are doing is surfing the web, a wireless connection is fine
(provided you know how to set it up so that it is reasonable secure).

If you are doing other things (shared disks, backups, etc etc), you'll
quickly find that the speed that the wireless devices claim is a
theoretical maximum that you won't ever even come close to (especially if
you have neighbors who also use wireless, a 2.4GHz cordless phone/baby
monitor/whatever, etc.. the band that 802.11b/g uses is getting really
cluttered).

just my $0.02.

Sorry I don't know of any specific contractor.. I did mine myself (fool
that I am..)

...tom