[Hidden-tech] Fire destroys member home.

Sheldon Snodgrass sheldon at steadysales.com
Tue Nov 8 20:53:36 EST 2005

Dear Hidden Tec Friends,

I write on behalf of one of our own who recently suffered an enormous loss.
This week Lou Davis, a long time friend of many in the Hidden Tech Community
escaped  with his wife, two baby children and the clothes on their backs an
all consuming fire.  The blaze totally destroyed Lou's Crescent Street
Apartment in Northampton leaving him and four other families homeless and
possession less.

The good news is that Lou, his wife and children are staying with parents
nearby, and also have a large network of friends in the community, so there
are plenty of people to help out in a variety of ways - and indeed they are.
But in the rush to replace bed linens and baby strollers, shoes and
silverware, clothing and furniture, there is one thing missing - attention
to the niceties instead of the necessities.  Yet it is often the niceties
that bring sweetness and depth and value to our lives.  Would you rather
lose your blender or your bike, your kitchen appliances or your music
collection, your blankets or your snow board, your linens or your
literature?

I can tell you that Lou and his wife Jen, place great value on music, art,
literature, play and cuisine, and endeavor to bring such things into their
children's' lives.  But now those things that feed the heart and soul are
gone.  And in a world with so much loss, Lou and Jen would never ask for a
new jazz collection, or painting, or bike, or reference book, or anything
else considered a nicety.  So, as their friend, I am asking for them.

If you are so moved, here is what you can do to help with either the
niceties or necessities.  To help with the soul restoring niceties please
send a check to my address below.  Make checks payable to "Davis Family Fire
Recovery Fund".  I will collect all the checks and present them to Lou and
Jen with the stipulation that the money can only be spent on Music, Art,
Literature, or Play.  To help with the normalcy restoring necessities please
visit www.supportfordavisfamily.com  (A speedily prepared website by Lou's
brother) and make a contribution to the general fund.  Thanks and please
practice your fire drills and check your smoke detectors.  Be well.

J. Sheldon Snodgrass, MBA
The Steady Sales Group
89 South Street
Williamsburg, MA 01096
413-244-2294
www.steadysales.com
Helping you get a dollar out of every dime spent on sales & marketing!

.