[Hidden-tech] How old is too old for a computer?

jill logan medialogan at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 15:27:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me pertaining to my 98 Dell computer and Dell screen.
My screen all of a sudden has a dark gray, blackish  look to it in the lower right hand side. I had just moved it so i thought it was dirty but turns out its inside....does this mean my screen is on its way out??

also ....how old is too old for your computer hard drive?

I develop websites on the side....and as i said i have window 98 ( and bought the machine that year too)
I like 98 and if i have to get a new computer i will have XP in which case i will have to update all my software. ( well I suppose i can reinstall 98 but I guess i better move forward with the rest of the world??)

anyway...i am mostly concerned about the hard drive and should i be worried that it could die anyday?

do you techies out there upgrade your computers every couple of years?

Thanks for any feedback

Jill

Jill Logan
Logan Media