[Hidden-tech] Future of Dreamweaver and Flash; Move on Microsoft?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Tue May 3 10:20:56 EDT 2005

Trace Meek wrote:

> My bet is that Freehand, Fireworks, and GoLive (but not Microsoft)
> will  fade away. With any luck I'll be relying more heavily on good
> old  BBEdit by then! (Gotta have my Photoshop and InDesign, though.)

I'm curious if any of the profession web developers on this list have:

(a) heard of

(b) ever tried

NVU (http://www.nvu.com)?

This is a product of Michael Robertson (of mp3.com) at Linspire taking
Mozilla's Composer and making a professional, Free Software tool for web
site editing.  I haven't tried it myself (I use vim or Zope ;) but from
what I have seen it looks good and runs natively on Windows, Unix and Mac.

Also, as a related side note, I read some recent web chatter that said
the next Firefox will support scalable vector graphics (SVG) by default.

Regards,

Mark