[Hidden-tech] Mailing List management advice needed

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 08:50:37 EST 2005

Izzy,

It depends on whether you (or your technical consultant) is willing/able to
install a program on your web server ‹ and this would, of course, depend on
what type of hosting account you have. If this type of approach is
acceptable, there are literally hundreds of free and cheap programs. A few
have already been suggested on this list.

Alternatively, you can manage your mailing lists on your own computer and do
the bulk mailing yourself. I have used a Macintosh program called MaxBulk
Mailer very successfully on behalf of several companies. The drawbacks are
that you must manage the list yourself and your ISP may have some issues
with you sending out 2,000 pieces of email (they may assume you are sending
spam).
http://www.maxprog.com/MaxBulk.html

Finally, there are hosted solutions, such as Constant Contact. In many ways,
that is the easiest option to utilize. No installations or maintenance, and
your clients can manage their own subscriptions. For many companies, this is
a great choice.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

David

David A. Spound
david at spound.com
(413) 219-0654

Web site development and management
Strategic technical consulting and project management
Macintosh computer installation, training & support