[Hidden-tech] Job Posting: Gravity Switch seeking PT, experienced web graphic designer - location flexible

Carol Devine cdevine at gravityswitch.com
Mon Jun 6 10:53:33 EDT 2005

Gravity Switch is an award-winning interactive firm that creates high-end,
custom websites, web applications, and CD-ROM solutions for global and
regional clients. Based in Northampton, MA, we¹re a  small, fun,
hard-working shop that often goes head-to-head with the 'big boys' in
Boston, NYC, and San Francisco.

Due to our continued success and the anticipated arrival of our lead
designer's second child this fall, we're currently seeking an experienced,
part-time web/multi-media graphic designer.  We're implementing a national
search for someone who can totally blow us away with a strong, diverse, web
portfolio and a passion for high quality.

AS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU:

* Must have a minimum of 5+ years experience designing sophisticated
websites and multimedia applications (no rookies or print designers who
dabble in the web please).

* Are someone who thrives on creativity on demand - able to generate strong,
fresh and unique design concepts (we're not a cookie cutter shop!) within a
set budget and schedule.

* Have an understanding of CSS and HTML, as they relate to interface design
constraints.

* Have a sophisticated and diverse web portfolio.

* Are adept at designing technical screens (in addition to the splashier
screens).

* Have succeeded in deadline-driven, team environments.

* Are high-talent & low-ego, and have a real passion for the web.

For this part-time position, we estimate an average workload of 6 - 10 hours
per week. In peak production this may grow to as much as 25+ hours per week,
so schedule flexibility is very important. Working remotely is OK for the
right person.

If this sounds like it's up your alley, or if you know someone who fits this
profile, please read the full job description and apply at:
www.gravityswitch.com/careers <http://www.gravityswitch.com/careers>

Thanks!