[Hidden-tech] Startup Business Advice Sought

Peter Degen-Portnoy p.portnoy at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 13:50:54 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I've been speaking with Sandy Weiner (Hi, Sandy!) over in Germany who
encouraged me to write to y'all.

I am starting my own concern to manufacture and sell a few items and
would love to learn about some of the experiences and lessons folks have
about designing, manufacturing, importing and selling product.

At this point, I've established a relationship with a design and
manufacture firm in the UK and we will be getting started on the design
work. I have some rough numbers for production costs that will be
refined over the next few weeks as the design solidifies. I have tons of
questions about production, import, tariff, graphic design, packaging,
direct sales, marketing, advertising, graphic design, etc.

While I am confident that I can muddle my way through, there are better
ways. Therefore, if you can spare a few moments to chat, please let me
know and I would be happy to contact you at your convenience.

Many thanks,

Peter