[Hidden-tech] Job opening for marketing wizard

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Fri Dec 16 13:24:06 EST 2005

Those folks at Berkshire Publishing are at it again (job growth), witness the following.

Ed

We'd advertising this job, as well as others, on craigslist and key places in New York and Boston and even in California, but don't want to miss out on possible local leads! Please pass this on if you have friend or colleague who can work magic.

GLOBAL MARKETING AND PR DIRECTOR

Marketing wizard to lead publishing/media company in building US presence and sales and online marketing for international audiences. We'll be adopting strategies from Starbucks, the Howard Dean campaign, and any company that makes the most of fresh approaches and technologies to build relationships and sales.

This individual will be responsible for developing and overseeing the advertising, marketing and public relations campaign for products including:

. Print encyclopedias for the library market
. Trade books on popular topics
. A monthly premium subscription newsletter about understanding and doing business with China
. Documentary film series and television features

Experience is not as important as knowledge, passion, dynamism, focus, organization, and leadership. Our new marketing director will be laying the foundation and building the team for Berkshire's global future as a socially responsible media and educational enterprise.

If this is right for you, you'll be comfortable working in a start-up atmosphere, with a small budget, small enthusiastic staff, and the need for amazing results. You'll love books, scholarship, and knowledge without being stuffy, and be passionate about new channels including blogs, forums, wikis, RSS, podcasts, and other dispersed and collaborative media. You'll be attuned to cross-selling and up-selling opportunities and be highly creative in your approach to building the Berkshire brand within our markets and to students and the general public.

You'll have experience with direct mail and email marketing, and in promotion to the print and online media and to television and radio. Your technical ability is excellent and you are a skilled writer. Television or major press experience a great advantage.

A sense of humor and a little hubris is essential: you'll be promoting a book about bodily fluids as well as an encyclopedia of the future. You'll also have the opportunity to collaborate on world-class websites. And while your primary expertise will be the US market, you will definitely have a global perspective and be eager to drive our business into new territories around the world. We are hoping you'll speak at least one language other than English and arrive with a healthy Rolodex of your own.

Modest but reasonable starting salary for the right person, with bonuses and advancement tied to the great results you'll achieve. This is not the job for someone who wants to rest on their laurels; it's perfect for someone who wants to make the world a better place and become a marketing star in the process.

Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to careers at berkshirepublishing.com with MARKETING DIRECTOR in the subject line. Thank you!

Karen CHRISTENSEN
c.e.o., Berkshire Publishing Group
+1 413 528 0206 | Skype: karenschristensen
karen at berkshirepublishing.com
Blog: www.berkshirepublishing.com/blog
-----
"It takes a splendid little Berkshire publishing house to do what a major international trade publisher should have done long ago: make available in concise, readable form, Patterns of Global Terrorism 1985-2005, the indispensable State Department reports that experts, scholars and engaged citizens have consulted for decades." Benjamin R. Barber, author of Jihad vs. McWorld, Kekst Professor of Civil Society, University of Maryland. http://www.patternsofglobalterrorism.com

Edward J. Bride
Editorial consultant, marketing partner
46 Glory Dr.
Pittsfield  MA  01201