[Hidden-tech] A Brief Intro

Aurangzeb M. Agha ama-list at mltp.com
Sun Apr 10 19:16:46 EDT 2005

Dear Gentle-people --

I've been watching this list for some time and wanted to briefly introduce
myself.  My wife and I have been in Northampton for bit over a year now,
slowly adjust to the change after moving here after a few years abroad.
Now that we're starting to feel settled (this is our first laid back
weekend without _any_ obligations!), I thought I'd introduce myself to the
list as a preamble to meeting other members on the list.

I grew up in California, and after college at Ohio State (B.S. in Comp.
Sci.), I worked for a series of startups in Silicon Valley.  I served as
the technical lead for CNET's News.com website (http://news.cnet.com) for
some years before I went on to some other startups, and then started a
technology services consulting company, Missing Link Technology Partners,
Inc.

After working in the Bay Area for a while, we clinched some contracts in
Europe, and my wife and I moved to Belgium for a year.  From there, we
were off to Greece to build Greece101.com, a tourist site for Greece.
Shortly after, I decided to get out of consulting and started looking for
a comfortable, affordable place close to nature, and so we ended up in the
Pioneer Valley.

I currently work as Supervisor of Web Services at ISO New England, a
not-for-profit that manages New England's power grid and maintains the
wholesale power exchange market.  I'm looking forward to being more
engaged with the local entrepreneur and technology community, and look
forward to meeting some of you at the next networking session.

Sincerely,

Aurangzeb Agha