[Hidden-tech] Can't find track changes in document

Claudia Gere Claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com
Mon Apr 25 19:04:33 EDT 2005

If anyone can help solve this problem or point me to someone who can, I will
be very grateful, my client will be VERY grateful.

I sent a client an e-mail with a Microsoft Word attachment. She clicked on
the attachment in MSN Mail, which opened up in Microsoft Word and launched
the document. She made edits using track changes and saved the document
repeatedly, without changing the name or the directory. She closed the
document (without putting it in a new directory). When she went to send me
the file and checked it, the track changes were not there.

I walked her through finding the file, thinking that in the reviewing pane
she simply did not have "Final Showing Markup" selected. She sent me the
file from the directory where it resided, had the date and time of when she
finished working, and was 103 KB  versus the original files 88 KB. But I
don't see track changes even by turning on track changes or changing the
review panel display box to final showing markup or original showing markup.

She spent HOURS on the track changes and possibility they are there?

Thank you, Claudia

Claudia Gere & Co.

helping smart people become outstanding authors

Complete Publishing Services

claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com

 <http://www.ClaudiaGereCo.com> www.ClaudiaGereCo.com

www.GerePublishing.com