[Hidden-tech] why a suspected scam(s)

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Mon Apr 18 11:32:44 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've been communicating with two investigative journalists -- one national
and one local -- about all the information members have provided about the
two approaches the NRCC is taking to fundraising that appear to be a scam,
or verge on a scam. Paramount is finding out, if possible, how they are
getting our phone numbers.

For those who are convinced this is fundraising as usual, I will say it is
not. I'm a long-term political writer/investigative journalist. Whenever
someone calls and offers you something without correctly identifying who
they are representing and loops you into award, rewards or other offers
only to lower the boom later you are encountering something not entirely
kosher. It's certainly misleading advertising, if nothing else. Call me and
listen to the message I got if you're not convinced.

If anyone has information on how these people from the NRCC are getting
your names I'd be interested in knowing that as would my media contacts.

best,

AZ