[Hidden-tech] Mac OSx printer help

Giannina Granata Silverman gsilverman at rocketranchdesign.com
Thu Apr 14 10:22:52 EDT 2005

Hi fellow Hidden-techies,

This is a question for the graphic designers in the group.

I am a graphic designer, and I was using an Epson Stylus photo 1200 on
my old Imac System 9 machine, then got a new model flat-panel Imac with
OS 10.3 just recently, and was hoping to use my old printer with my new
computer. (Note that my printer did a gorgeous job on System 9, and
still does). Even though I've gotten updated OS 10 drivers for the
printer (though, they won't make OSX postscript drivers), it does a
horrible job on System 10, no what program I output from: Adobe
Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop,etc. The results are terrible. Sadly,
I have begun using my old computer again just for printing. Is this
crazy? I shouldn't have to do this, I feel.

Are there any designers out there, who have encountered this problem?
If so, what was your solution? Am I just stuck having to buy a new
printer with better drivers for OSX?
And if so, what is your recommendation?

I am hoping to hear from some one who has licked this problem, and is
printing gorgeous clean graphic design jobs from their OSX computer. I
hope this person is out there.

Help!!

Giannina Silverman

Giannina Granata Silverman