[Hidden-tech] Try Crocker (instead of Verizon)!

Matthew Lampiasi florenceit at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 23:15:26 EDT 2005

That's sort of pretty much true ;) We once had a situation in Holyoke
last year where our Crocker DSL would have these reconnect issues-
happened every 5 minutes , for 1-3 days STRAIGHT, then it'd be fine for
3 weeks. Crocker did come out to verify it wasn't our equipment. They
put calls repeatedly into verizon for us, verizon repeatedly tested the
line and said it was fine ;) (THAT is my case for small business right
there). Crocker concurred there was a problem on our line, yet it took
3-4 months to resolve. Granted they have more weight than I do with
verizon, it was still a case of one little customer (Crocker in that
case) trying to be heard. We had 2 verizon techs come out to tell us it
was ok. the problem is you get these guys who can test a cable who dont
know a router from a doorknob and they're communicating to THEIR
managers who dont know a human being from an invoice, who's relaying
messages back and forth. It's just a nightmare I know I don't have to
tell you folks.One day months later (after we were forced to change
providers) a verizon tech found the issue in a box out on the street (I
forget what it was). That said I would go with Crocker and as noted by
others I also have many many clients using them for many years. Good
level of service, not bad support (in my opinion).  I would use them at
home or in my business anyday, and certainly that was a very unique odd
problem (just the sort of thing a large corporation likeVverizon cannot
deal with effectively).

--

Thanks,

Matt Lampiasi
413-303-9167
http://florenceit.net
Florence I.T. , Serving you and your community.