[Hidden-tech] Verizon DSL slow?

Matthew Lampiasi florenceit at comcast.net
Thu Apr 7 15:10:19 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Hidden Tech list and have been watching this thread with
interest. While I agree entirely Matt (and I know your history from way
back to the spa bbs days) , I would caution people away from one of the
newer Linksys/Cisco routers Ive setup which absolutely stinks, has been
extremely buggy, not taking settings, etc:  the WRV54G.  We finally got
it  working but talk about bang your head against the wall frustration
before we put the new firmware on. I still agree the linksys are good, I
am authorized linksys and netopia, which while a bit more complicated to
setup, is very solid. I also know that crocker is a fan of sonicwall
products which is (like the netopia in my opinion) a step up from
linksys. Depends on needs.. the linksys are great for most people as you
say (I have the Linksys WRT54GP2, 2 voip ports, wireless, router,
firewall, cooks the toast).

Anyhow this has been an eye opener I've been considering going from my
$50 monthly comcast to the $25.00 dsl but I think I'll hold off based on
this discussion. I currently run a personal website and 2 VoIP phone
lines over my comcast and it's been running just great, and fast. It's
pretty darn expensive though :(

--

Thanks,

Matt Lampiasi
413-303-9167
http://florenceit.net
Florence I.T. , Serving you and your community.