[Hidden-tech] Verizon DSL slow?

Trace Meek tqm at tracemeek.com
Tue Apr 5 23:19:39 EDT 2005

Anyone else out there have Verizon DSL and if so, are you finding the
service to be slow lately? I counted 20 seconds for one page to appear.
Once within a given domain, pages seem to load quicker. I tried all the
usual remedies (restart router, etc.) but the service is still patchy.

I had suspected that maybe it was a DNS issue (some forums here and
there claim that this is a Verizon weakness), but interestingly, typing
an IP address doesn't seem to speed things up either.

Then today at work I found two other people who were experiencing
similar problems with their home DSL.

Any big network changes going on, that anyone knows about (other than a
coincidental shift in Verizon's pricing structure)?

Trace Meek