[Hidden-tech] Executing Java on OS X

Michael McIntosh michael at lifepod.com
Mon Apr 4 11:56:32 EDT 2005

Oops, I meant to reply to the list but replied to Will directly. Here is a
copy of my response to Will's question in case anyone else is interested
in a solution as well...

> A client of mine has a Java application for running live Auctions that runs
> beautifully on Windows and works in concert with a FileMaker Pro
database system that I've been helping him develop for a couple of years
now. I'm interested if anyone has a tip on how to get the Java app
running on Mac OS
> X.

Hello Will,

I hope this article is what you are looking for. :)

Tailoring Java Applications for Mac OS X :: Launching Java Applications
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2042.html#Section2_6

I have a project that involves java game development and I have a Windows
laptop I test on and a Ruby iMac that I also test on so this topic came up
for me recently. I found this whole article very useful with regard to
developing Java apps for use on Macs as well as Window machines. :)

Good luck!

-Michael McIntosh